We are looking for Senior FS Python/React Developer. At ThirstySprout, we connect great remote developers with great American Startups. Our clients include billion-dollar companies such as Rover.com, WeWork, and other well-funded startups from accelerators such as Y-Combinator. We hire engineers that are passionate about building world-class products.
PLEASE, BE INFORMED: everyone will go through a verification process where we check your identity!
Job Type: full time
Location: USA, Seattle
Experience: 5+ years
Probation period: 1-2 months
Required English level: native, advanced
Lambda, SQS, EC2, Beanstalk, Elasticsearch, Python, aiohttp, asyncio, xpath, scraping, flask, REST, REST and Web sockets, CI/CD.
• Define and oversee our system design and architecture
• Spearhead the development of the company API (to power verifications for marketplaces, e-commerce, screening companies, etc.)
• Lead the implementations of our product with customers (e.g., with Amazon, Yelp, with the CTO of startups)
• Lead the integrations with partners (e.g., background check companies, ID verification companies)
• Be responsible for our technical performance (e.g., uptime, response time, • SLA to resolve high severity issues)
• Be a thought leader for Companies product roadmap
• Lead the rest of the engineering team through influence (not as a software manager, to begin with)
• Expert Python Developer (with some experience/understanding of aiohttp, asyncio, xpath, scraping, flask, REST, Elasticsearch)
• Is an expert in building & testing suites for API (REST and Web sockets), the kind of testing we are intending to integrate are: Unit tests, Integration tests (also integration with AWS), load testing and health checks.
• Expert in AWS and architect using AWS (Currently using: Lambda, SQS, EC2, Beanstalk, Elasticsearch).
• Expert in deployment/release strategies using CI and CD tools and creating pipelines for deployment and releasing.
• Well-rounded, full-stack Python developer, dependable IC
• Demonstrates ability to design large technical systems
• Demonstrates ability to invent solutions with relatively high autonomy
• Demonstrates ability to consistently own uptime & other technical performance
• Must show strength with backend & API-centered B2B solutions
• Demonstrates experience or the potential to grow as the engineering manager of a small team (4-6 engineers)
Leadership traits we’re looking for:
• Take initiative / Self-starter
• Desire for excellence / High standards
• Bias for Action
• Earns Trust from others
• Demonstrates customer empathy
• Gets excited about (and not intimidated by) obscure & tough problems
• Driven & Hungry for career growth
• Resilient & perseverant
• Open to coaching & feedback
• Is a referent or mentors to other in the organization
• Delivers Results